Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


My babies...Morgan, Eli and Ethan


From the Front Porch Swing...

I am thinking about True Wisdom. Pure Wisdom. The Wisdom that comes from heaven. The Wisdom that is peace-loving and considerate. The Wisdom that is submissive and merciful. The Wisdom that produces good fruit from my soul. True Wisdom that is impartial and sincere. I want that kind of wisdom, Lord.


I am thankful for the warm sun shining on my face. You know how bright the sunshine is when you "look" at it from behind your closed eyelids? Yeah. That bright sunshine. I think that is what the earth will look like all over when Jesus comes again to claim me. I think that bright sunshine that we see behind our closed eyelids is just a
glimmer of God's Glory. I'm thankful for so many things: for good neighbors who share the front porch swing with me. For precious daughters and their husbands who are loved like sons. I'm thankful for rose bushes that need trimming and grass that is eager to become green. I'm thankful for "old elm trees" because they too have some worth. I'm thankful for birds and their singing...even the ones that sound like they are gargling earthworms. I'm thankful for boys who still play with Legos and tells silly jokes and for boys who tell me they like sushi even though I think they want to like sushi. I'm thankful for husbands who adore their wives and for wives who still believe their husbands are their knights in shining armor. I am thankful for the Word of God because it is what leads me safely through the mountains and valleys of this earthly world.


From the learning room we are plugging along with our unit study of the Revolutionary War. This next week we will focus on some of the major battles and put it all into perspective when we wrap up this unit by adding everything to our Book of Centuries.

In my kitchen breakfast dishes still litter the counter but I'm thankful for that because it means we have food to nourish our bodies. I've got pork chops in the oven and hoping for some left over pork in order to make green chili because I want a green chili slopper and last time I made them I wasn't hungry at the time...and the men in my house slicked up every last bite!


I am wearing my good jeans...my "church jeans," a spring-ish sage green blouse, warm and fuzzy socks, and an apron. I'm praying I remember to take it off before I go to worship... ahem.

I am creating more ATC's. Surprise!

I am going to work on compiling a list of items that we can purchase that are MADE IN AMERICA. I know this will have a great impact on the scrapbooking supplies that I buy for my projects as well as many other things but that's ok. I'm still going to find things that are made in the good ol' USA and make a list and try to support those companies.

I am hoping for a weekend away with my dear husband.


I hear Jorja growling at a bird fart or something she supposedly hears or sees outside the big window in the living room. She thinks she is big tuff stuff. Ha!


Around the house I see things that belong to my Mama...and it makes me feel close to her even though she is 50 miles away. I adore her teacups and saucers, her tchotchkes, her motif* jars, and her vintage treasures.

One of my favorite things is the word "tchotchkes." (Who in the world came up with that spelling for "chachkees"??? Yes, I did have to google it in order to spell it correctly). It's just a fun word to know...even more fun to say.


A few plans for the rest of the week--I just want to greet each day with joy. School projects and assignments for both the boys and me need attention and Scout needs to go to the vet. I have Bible study on Wednesday and want to get together with Bev and Val to scrapbook.

If you'd like to join the fun of The Simple Woman's Daybook, then click here to get to The Simple Woman's Daybook blog and follow Peggy's directions. Have fun and let me know if you're participating...I'd love to read your entry. If you'd like to join the fun of The Simple Woman's Daybook, then click here to get to The Simple Woman's Daybook blog and follow Peggy's directions. Have fun and let me know if you're participating...I'd love to read you entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What sweet sentiments....ummhuh...love the simplicity...too bad LIFE...could not have remained more so....but for my tchotchkes n "cooterments" "motifs" etc...I would be quite "daffy" by now...Blessings